Qantas collects personal information about you in connection with Qantas Frequent Flyer (including products and services available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members):
- to market products and services to you, including the products and services of our partners and other third parties who we believe may have products and services in which you would be interested. This is one of the primary purposes of Qantas Frequent Flyer;
- to facilitate your participation in Qantas Frequent Flyer and other organisations' loyalty programs, including by assessing your membership application, awarding you points, confirming your eligibility for, and providing any products and services associated with Qantas Frequent Flyer, and enhancing and personalising your use of Qantas Frequent Flyer;
- to improve our website and services, including by means of product development and market and behavioural research; and
- for operational management of Qantas Frequent Flyer.
Qantas may collect your personal information from you directly, including when you are logged into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account or toolbar. We may also collect your personal information from others who interact with us on your behalf, our related bodies corporate and Jetstar branded entities, partner airlines, third parties providing services for Qantas Frequent Flyer and our program partners (such as when you register through one of our program partners or transact with them).
For the reasons described above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- partner airlines, oneworld alliance airlines, and non-airline program partners. In particular, we will disclose your information to Emirates in the United Arab Emirates for the purpose of Emirates offering you membership in the Skywards frequent flyer program.
- our related companies;
- any third party providing services for Qantas Frequent Flyer, including assisting us in determining your eligibility for, and providing, Qantas Frequent Flyer products and services (including products and services available to members), administering the program, operating our call and service centres and providing market research and marketing services;
- our financial product card partners; and
- others to comply with our legal obligations.
These parties may be located overseas including in the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, the Philippines and any country which you travel to or through in connection with your membership.
Our privacy statement is available at qantas.com and it contains more information about the above and also how you can seek access to, and correction of, your personal information. It also explains how you can complain about a breach of your privacy and how we will deal with your complaint. You can contact us by completing the form located at qantas.com/privacyquestions or by writing to Qantas Customer Care at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW, 2020.
Qantas recommends that you consult a taxation adviser to ensure that you understand possible Taxation and Fringe Benefits Tax implications, if any, related to your membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
I wish to join Qantas Frequent Flyer and confirm that I understand that my membership of Qantas Frequent Flyer is subject to and that I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions of the program.
Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901.